Soccer TV streaming guide: Man City-Chelsea, Tottenham-Arsenal, AFCON rolls on, Inter Milan face another test
Fri, Jan 14, 2022
Soccer News (AP)
The Africa Cup of Nations takes center stage this weekend as Mohamed Salah's Egypt, Kelechi Iheanacho's Nigeria and several other promising players prepare for their second group stage fixtures. Battles for Champions League places will also take place across Europe, including Serie A on XX and coming to head with a derby match between Tottenham and Arsenal as both are chasing West Ham United for fourth place in the Premier League.
Here's a look at the top five matches to watch this weekend.
Want to hear more from the world's game? Listen below and followĦQue Golazo! A Daily AP Soccer Podcastwhere we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
5. Guinea-Bissau vs. Egypt
Date:Saturday, Jan. 15|Time:11 a.m. ET
Live stream:fuboTV(Try for free)
Caesars Sportsbook Odds:Guinea-Bissau +800; Draw +265; Egypt -285
Why watch: Egypt need a bounce-back performance after they opened AFCON by being shut out by Nigeria. While the team is more than Mohamed Salah, Nigeria showed a way to isolate him on their way to winning the game and it's a tactic that Guinea-Bissau will try to emulate. Coming off of a scoreless draw with Sudan, Guinea-Bissau will need a group effort to contain Egypt but picking up a point or a win in this matchup will boost their chances of advancing to the knockout stages of the tournament significantly.
4. Atalanta vs. Inter Milan
Date:Sunday, Jan. 15|Time:2:45 p.m. ET
Caesars Sportsbook Odds:Atalanta +195; Draw +270; Inter Milan +125
Why watch: As Inter look to announceMarcelo Brozovic's contract extension in the coming week and are coming off of a Supercoppa Italiana victory against Juventus, spirits couldn't be higher for Simone Inzaghi's men. With a game in hand on their closest rivals, Inter are still leading the way to retain the Scudetto, and Atalanta will do their best to defend Gewiss Stadium and follow a win in which they hung six on Udinese. It will be tough as Atalanta have only won two of 11 meetings with Inter under Gian Piero Gasperini for their worst winning percentage against another Serie A side.
3. Manchester City vs. Chelsea
Date:Saturday, Jan. 15|Time:7:30 a.m. ET
Caesars Sportsbook Odds:Manchester City -145; Draw +280; Chelsea +410
Why watch: While the title may already be locked up in the Premier League because Manchester City has been unbeatable reeling off 11 straight league wins since their loss to Crystal Palace in October of 2021, Chelsea can still cut the gap to single digits if they're able to pull out a victory. The Blues have struggled with injuries but are getting a little healthier at every position but outside back. Romelu Lukaku being in form will at least give the City defense a challenge.
2. Borussia Dortmund vs. Freiburg
Date:Friday, Jan. 14|Time:2:30 p.m. ET
Caesars Sportsbook Odds:Dortmund -200; Draw +360; Freiburg +500
Why watch: While there is a five-point gap at the top of the Bundesliga, Dortmund can still catch Bayern if they don't slip up. But hosting unlikely top-four challengers Freiburg will be a struggle for Dortmund's leaky defense. While the black and yellow have scored multiple goals in four of their last five matches, they've also allowed multiple goals in three of those, leading to two losses and a draw. That form won't be good enough to compete for the top spot in Germany but a win over the league's joint best defense will go a long way to setting a positive tone for the second half of the season.
1. Tottenham vs. Arsenal
Date:Sunday, Jan. 16|Time:11:30 a.m. ET
Caesars Sportsbook Odds:Tottenham +140; Draw +225; Arsenal +205
Why watch: Both teams have injury concerns coming in but a North London Derby with league implications on the line is a can't miss affair. Tottenham will want to right the ship after falling out of the EFL Cup while Arsenal are coming off of a gritty ten-man performance versus Liverpool. Only two points separate the sides for fifth place in the Premier League as each rode a good festive period to Champions League contention. In what will be the 205th meeting between the two teams, Tottenham will look to avenge their 3-1 loss to Arsenal back in September.
(All times U.S./Eastern)
Friday, Jan. 14:A game to watch in ...
- England:Brighton vs. Crystal Palace, 3 p.m. (USA andfuboTV-- Try for free)
- France:Nice vs. Nantes, 3 p.m. (fuboTV-- Try for free)
- Mexico: Necaxa vs. Monterrey, 10 p.m.(fuboTV-- Try for free)
- AFCON: Morocco vs. Comoros, 11 a.m. (fuboTV-- Try for free)
Saturday, Jan. 15:A game to watch in ...
- England:Aston Villa vs. Manchester United, 12:30 p.m. (NBC andfuboTV-- Try for free)
- Italy:Juventus vs. Udinese, 2:45 p.m. (Paramount+)
- Germany:Koln vs. Bayern Munich, 9:30 a.m. (ESPN+)
- France:PSG vs. Brest, 3 p.m. (beIN Sports andfuboTV-- Try for free)
- Mexico: Tigres UANL vs. Puebla, 8 p.m. (fuboTV-- Try for free)
- AFCON:Nigeria vs. Sudan, 11 a.m. (fuboTV-- Try for free)
Sunday, Jan. 16:A game to watch in ...
- England:West Ham United vs. Leeds United, 9 a.m. (Peacock)
- Spain:Elche vs. Villarreal, 8 a.m. (ESPN+)
- Italy: Roma vs. Caligari, 12 p.m. (Paramount+)
- Germany:Augsburg vs. Eintracht Frankfurt, 9:30 a.m. (ESPN+)
- France:Olympique Marseille vs. Lille, 2:45 p.m. (beIN Sports andfuboTV-- Try for free)
- Mexico:Pachuca vs. Guadalajara, 6 p.m. (fuboTV-- Try for free)
- AFCON:Ivory Coast vs. Sierra Leone, 11 a.m. (fuboTV-- Try for free)